Nathan ‘Mudyi’ Sentance works on First Nations programming at the Australian Museum in Sydney and writes at Archival Decolonist. We talked to Nathan about why we must be critical when visiting cultural institutions, putting complexity into collections and why cultural institutions are not neutral.
In this episode we discuss:
- Gadi Exhibition at the Australian Museum
- Weave: Festival of Aboriginal and Pacific Cultures
- The Red Chief
- My ancestors are in our memory institutions, but their voices are missing
- Your neutral is not our neutral
- Garrigarang: Sea Country
- Indigenous X
- AIATSIS Interactive Map of Indigenous Australia
- Four Thousand Fish by Emily McDaniel
Contact Nathan on Twitter @SaywhatNathan.
We love comments and reviews so let us know what you thought of this episode by leaving a review and rating on iTunes (this helps other people find our podcast too). And make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and you can join our new Facebook group – The Fishpond! Join us to chat and support each other in our GLAM work.
Sally & Amy