Episode 10 . . . we’ve hit double digits!
A big thanks to everyone who answered our call on social media for questions, you rock! This episode is a mixture of career chat, book vs movies, essential digital skills, pineapples, podcasting equipment ideas and advice for first-time library users.
Here are the links from this episode:
- This Is What A Librarian Looks Like: a Celebration of Libraries, Communities and Access to Information
- ALIA Students and New Graduates Group (SNGG) have a resume review service for new or soon to be graduates and hold events on interview techniques and resume writing. This post is an excellent summary of an interview skills workshop held in 2017.
- If you think your resume might need a revamp, take at look at this article about why you should be using your resume to tell dragon slaying stories.
- Book before movie? Or movie before book? You tell us!
- Take a look at Amy’s website, Pineapple Glam. She regularly shares her favourite online tools including the Google Power Searching lessons.
- Our recording setup consists of two Blue Yeti microphones with pop filters connected to laptops, Google Hangouts so we can see each other and our guest, Audacity for editing and Blurbrry for hosting the episodes. Plus loads of YouTube tutorials!
- And lastly, Sally’s favourite piece of writing for when life is challenging – It will be sunny one day, a letter written by Stephen Fry.
We love comments and reviews so let us know what you thought of this episode by leaving a review and rating on iTunes (this helps other people find our podcast too). And make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook!
Sally & Amy