Philip Minchin has worked in publishing, arts production, NGO governance and campaigning, and now works in library IT in Melbourne. In addition to fulltime work in the library sector, he presents, trains, and consults to libraries and game companies on libraries, communities, games, interactivity, systems and UI design. He also volunteers for International Games Week (November 4-10 in 2018), and recently ran a free showcase series of games-based PD for GLAM folks. You can read more and contact him at philipminchin.com.
In this episode we discuss:
- Journey – the game.
- Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
- In praise of tabletop games: Part 1
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Magic The Gathering
- Sign – FREE!
Recommendations from Philip:
- Play: how it shapes the brain, opens the imagination and invigorates the soul – Stuart Brown with Christopher Vaughan
- People, Systems, and the Game of Monopoly – Allan G Johnson
- Homo ludens: a study of the play-element in culture – J. Huizinga
- Games and play – Starting Points
Visit the Turbitt & Duck Redbubble store to buy our merchandise!
We love comments and reviews so let us know what you thought of this episode by leaving a review and rating on iTunes (this helps other people find our podcast too). And make sure you follow us on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and you can join our Facebook group – The Fishpond! Join us to chat and support each other in our GLAM work.
Sally & Amy